E. Rashkovskii (email@example.com),
Primakov National Research Institute of World Economy and International Relations, Russian Academy of Sciences (IMEMO), 23, Profsoyuznaya Str., Moscow, 117997, Russian Federation
This paper is compiled as an analytical review of proceedings of the similarly-named Conference which took place on May 17, 2018 in the V. I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature. The Conference was confined to the 70th anniversary of the State of Israel, though a substantial part of reports was dealing with the very complex, if not to say enigmatic, problem of freedom and lack of freedom in the current global history including that of Russia. Different participants of the Conference (politologists, historians, philosophers, theologians, etc.) displayed their solidarity accepting three basic principles of the phenomenon of freedom and its contemporary dimensions: the principle of mutual correlation between different thus complementary trends and imperatives of human thought and human practice; the principle of Law overgrowing the sphere of particular juridical formulae and regulations; the principle of historicism presupposing not only the succession of institutions and ideas, but also an unique character of socio-cultural and political manifestations of human life.The complex dialectics of continuity and discreteness seems to be one of the key conditions of the freedom issue in its contemporary dimensions including political ones. The paper also deals with some specific religious and intellectual issues of Western, Russian and Israeli history, as well as with those of the present-day non-Western areas.
Freedom, Lack of Freedom, history, politics, religion, institutes, West, East, Russia, Israel, Latin America
1. Rashkovskii E.B. “Uvedomlenie” [“Notification”]. Solov’evskie issledovaniya [Solov’ev studies]. Ivanovo, Publ. IGEU, 2018, issue 2 (58), pp. 162-166.
2. Rashkovskii E.B. Yakov Emmanuilovich Golosovker: filosofiya v poiskakh cheloveka [Yakov E. Golosovker: Philosophy in Search of the Human]. Yakov Emmanuilovich Golosovker. Rashkovskii E.B., ed. Moscow, ROSSPEN, 2017, pp. 7-40.
3. Guseinov A.A. Zakonodatel’st vo Moiseya: edinstvo teorii i praktiki [Moses’ Legislation: the Unity of Theory and Practices]. Barenboim P.D. e. a. Moisei. Pervyi filosof prava. Chelovek, kotoryi videl Boga [Moses. The First Philosopher of Law. The Man Who Saw the God]. Moscow, LOOM, RAS Institute of Philosophy, 2017, pp. 5-47.
4. Gasratyan S.M. Religioznyi faktor v istorii Gosudarstva Izrail’ (Rol’ iudaizma) [Religious Factor in the History of the State of Israel (The Role of Judaism)]. Moscow, 2012. 542 p.
5. Caccamo D. L’invenzione dell’Occidente. Limes. Rivista italiana di geopolitica. Roma, 2006, no. 3, pp. 285-297.
6. Avineri Sh. Osnovnye napravleniya v evreiskoi politicheskoi mysli [The Main Trends in the Jewish Political Thought]. Transl. from Hebrew by A. Ginzai. Jerusalem, Aliyah Library, 1983. 320 p.
7. Khoros V.G. Ideinye techeniya narodnicheskogo tipa v razvivayushchikhsya stranakh [Populist Ideological Trends in Developing Countries: History and Present-Day Developments]. Moscow, Nauka-GRVL, 1980. 268 p.
8. Figovskii O.L. Izrail’ i podderzhka innovatsii na vsekh etapakh razvitiya [Israel and the Support of Innovations in All the Stages of Development]. Available at: Newconcepts.club/website/articles/589/html?s=1524459609&sr=426 (accessed 23.04.2018).
9. The Map of Israeli Start-Ups according the Central Statistical Bureau (In Russ.) Available at: newsru.co.il/finance/22may2018/startup304_print.html (accessed 22.05.2018).
10. Skorokhodova T.G. Bengal’skoe Vozrozhdenie. Ocherki istorii sotsiokul’turnogo sinteza v indiiskoi filosofskoi mysli Novogo vremeni [Bengali Renaissance. Essays on the History of Socio-Cultural Synthesis in Indian Philosophical Thought of the Modern Epoch]. St. Petersburg, Peterburgskoe vostokovedenie, 2008. 320 p.
11. Rashkovskii E.B. Voskreshenie Moiseya: chetyre ocherka po bibliologii [Reviving of Moses: Four Essays on Bible Studies]. Moscow, LOOM, RAS Institute of Philosophy, 2018. 66 p.
Registered in system SCIENCE INDEX