V. Klinov, MGIMO-U, 76, Vernadskogo Prosp., Moscow, 119454, Russian Federation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
World economy long wave modifications at the beginning of the current century are evaluated. Slower growth rates and other negative changes in advanced economies development such as rise in unemployment rate, decline in participation rate as well as national income distribution polarization are highlighted. They are explained by acute global competition, increase in the influence of process innovations compared with product ones, as well as by greater labor force supply in comparison with that of fixed capital stock. Prospects of the world economy up to 2040 are substantiated. World general business situation up to the end of 2010-s will be marked by cyclical downturn of the US economy. World economy long-term trend will be affected by a decline in GDP per capita growth rates of the USA and China. Those countries slowdown will not be offset by an increase of other major advanced and developing economies growth rates. World, advanced and developing economies average annual GDP growth rates totals will be by 0.6–0.9 percentage point lower in the coming period up to 2040 compared with those in 1996-2015.
1. Klinov V.G. Evolyutsiya dlinnykh voln mirovogo khozyaistva [The Evolution of Long Waves in the World Economy]. Problemy prognozirovaniya, 2015, no. 3, pp. 114-127.
2. Klinov V.G. The Evolution of Long Waves in the World Economy. Studies on Russian Economic Develîðòåït, 2015, no. 3, pp. 285-294.
3. Klinov V.G. Velikaya perestroika mirovogo khozyaistva [Great Reshuffle of the World Economy]. Voprosy Ekonomiki, 2015, no. 11, pp. 144-155.
4. Klinov V.G. Sdvigi v raspredelenii dohodov mezhdu trudom i kapitalom: factory, posledstviya i problemy regulirovaniya [Shifts in distribution of income between capital and labor: factors, effects and regulatory issues]. Voprosy Ekonomiki, 2016, no. 7, pp. 64-77.
5. Bureau of Economic Analysis. Available at: http://www.bea.gov/itable/index.cfm (accessed 4.02.2016).
6. Kondrat’ev N.D. Bol'shie tsikly kon"yunktury i teoriya predvideniya [Major Cycles of Conjuncture and the Theory of Forecast]. Moscow, Economika, 2002. 768 p.
7. Mensch G.O. Stalemate in Technology. Cambridge (Mass.), Ballinger, 1979. 241 p.
8. Clark J., Freåman C., Soete L. Long Waves, Inventions and Innovations. Long Waves in the World Economy. London, Pinter, 1984, pp. 68-70.
9. Duijn van J.J. Fluctuations in Innovations over Time. Long Waves in the World Economy. London, Pinter, 1984, pp. 22-24.
10. Solow R. We’d Better Watch out. New York Times Book Review, 1987, July 12, ð. 36.
11. Jorgenson D.W., Mun S.H., Stiroh K.J. A Retrospective Look at the U.S. Productivity Resurgence. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2008, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 3-24.
12. Economic Report of the President (ERP). Washington, USGPO, 2015, p. 207.
13. Bresnahan T.F., Trajtenberg M. General Purpose Technologies “Engines of Growth?” NBER Working Paper, 1992, no. 4148, August. 37 p. Available at: http://www.nber.org/papers/w4148.pdf (accessed 4.02.2016).
14. Schumpeter J.A. Business Cycles. A Theoretical, Historical and Statistical Analysis of the Capitalist Process. New York, Toronto, London, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1939. 385 p.
15. Grinin L.E., Korotaev A.V. Vzaimosvyaz' dlinnykh i srednesrochnykh tsiklov. Kondrat'evskie volny: dlinnye i srednesrochnye tsikly: ezhegodnik [Interaction between Long and Medium-term Cycles. Kondratiev waves: Long and Medium-term Cycles: Yearbook]. Volgograd, Uchitel, 2014, pp. 15-73.
16. World Development Indicators. Available at: http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/world-development-indicators (accessed 17.02.2016).
17. Bureau of Economic Analysis. Available at: http://www.bea.gov/itable/index.cfm (accessed 26.02.2016).
18. Economic Report of the President 2015. Washington, GPO, 2016. 430 ð.
19. Stiglitz J.E. The Great Divide. New York, W.W. Norton and Company, 2015. 428 p.
20. Forbes St., Ames E. Spaset li nas kapitalizm? [How Capitalism Will Save Us]. Moscow, Alpina Publisher, 2011. 392 p.
21. Wolf M. America’s Labour Market is not Working. Financial Times, 03.11.2015.
22. Case A., Deaton A. Rising Morbidity and Mortality in Midlife among White Non-Hispanic Americans in the 21st Century. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, September 17, 2015. Available at: http://www.pnas.org/content/112/49/15078.full.pdf (accessed 4.02.2016).
23. Sandbu M. The Underemployment Epidemic. Financial Times, 06.11.2015.
24. A Guide to Statistics on Historical Trends in Income Inequality. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, 2015, October 26. Available at: http://www.cbpp.org/research/poverty-and-inequality/a-guide-to-statistics-on-historical-trends-in-income-inequality (accessed 04.02.2016).
25. Akaev A.A. Ot epokhi Velikoi divergentsii k epokhe Velikoi konvergentsii [From epoch of Great divergence to epoch of Great convergence]. Moscow, Lenand, 2015. 352 p.
26. Li W., Chi G., Wu L. Empirical Study on Saving and Investment Relation in China 1952-2011. Review of Economics & Finance, 2015, vol. 5, issue 2, pp. 98-99. Available at: http://www.bapress.ca/ref/ref-article/1923-7529-2015-02-81-19.pdf (accessed 4.02.2016).
27. Mandelbaum M. The Road to Global Prosperity. New York, London, Toronto, Sydney, New Delhi, Simon & Schuster, 2014. 247 ð.
28. Tax Reforms in EU Member States. Luxembourg, Publications Office of the European Union, 2015, pp. 111, 115.
29. Bland B. China’s Robot Revolution. Financial Times, 28.04.2016.
Registered in system SCIENCE INDEX