The monthly publication “World Economy and International Relations” has been established in 1956 and its first issue appeared in January 1957. Now it is the leading multidisciplinary serial in Russia and CIS on the current theoretical and practical issues of the international policy, world economic relations, developments in the particular countries and macro-regions. “MEMO Journal” is published by the Russian Academy of Sciences. The co-founders of the Journal are the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) and the Institute of World Economy and International Relations (IMEMO) of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Historically, the Journal has been the main periodical scientific edition of the Institute of World Economy and International Relations (IMEMO) – the Soviet/Russian main think tank on world problems and the largest research institution in the system of the Russian Academy of Sciences dealing with the international issues. Thus, the Journal mostly presented the research articles of nearly 1000 internationally recognized IMEMO experts which provided in-depth analysis of virtually all aspects of world politics and economy.
In the last 1.5 –2 years the Editorship is vigorously working on the Journal’s substantial reformatting in accordance with the modern requirements to the scientific publications of international level. In particular, the Editorial Board is significantly expanded: now it includes the recognized foreign experts on international political, economic and social issues, as well as the specialists from other domestic research organizations. The new members of the Editorial Board actively cooperate with the Editorship. Also, Editorship continues to significantly expand the geographical and institutional range of the Journal’s authors while maintaining unchanged traditionally very high requirements to the quality of published research papers. At last, the Journal significantly changed the format of published papers so that to provide a basis for their inclusion into the leading international research databases and citation systems, first of all Scopus and Web of Science.
ON THE PAGES OF THE JOURNAL
- trends of world development at the beginning of the Millennium
- theory and practice of the international relations
- issues of the security and defense policies
- globalization and its impact
- integration processes
- innovation, scientific and technological progress
- economic and political problems of the particular countries and regions
- international terrorism
- environmental challenges
- political and economic transformations in Russia in the light of international experience
- situation in the post-Soviet space
- international researchers: economists, political scientists, sociologists and culturologists, environmentalists
- teachers, post-graduate students and students of higher education institutions
- executives and staff of federal and regional state authorities
- managers and analysts of banks, corporations, large enterprises
- the leading researchers of the Institute of World Economy and International Relations of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- researchers from other Russian academic and non-academic think-tanks of international profile
- industry analysts and banking experts
- teachers of the universities and higher education institutions
- post-graduate students
- representatives of the legislative and executive bodies of the Russian Federation and the CIS countries
- foreign researchers
- top managers of the Russian industrial and financial companies
The “World Economy and International Relations” journal is distributed by advance subscription only, and is not offered for retail sale. The subscription may be accomplished at the WEB portal of NAUKA Publishing House (http://www.naukaran.com/zhurnali/podpiska-na-zhurnaly/). Also, the subscription may be accomplished at every post office in Russia by referring to the Federal Postal Service Union Catalogue, section “ARSMI”, the journal index is 70542. The subscription may start from every month, for any number of issues.
Additionally, the full-text electronic version of our journal is available since 2009. For subscription or purchase of any issue/article please address to the WEB portal of Scientific electronic library eLIBRARY.ru.