The topic of this meeting was "Reformatting the system of international relations in the Asia Pacific region: vectors and dynamics of changes".
The Round Table Conference was attended by:
• IMEMO Lead Researcher, MGIMO Professor A. Volodin,
• Head of Center for Comprehensive Chinese Studies and Regional Projects at MGIMO University A. Voskresensky,
• IMEMO Senior Research Fellow O. Davydov,
• IMEMO Lead Researcher E. Kanaev,
• IAAS Deputy Director A. Karneev,
• Chief Researcher at the Center for the Studies and Forecasting of Russia-China Relations at the Institute of Far Eastern Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences À. Lomanov,
• Head of Sector of Economy and Politics of China of IMEMO S. Lukonin,
• Head of the Center for the Studies of Vietnam and ASEAN at the Institute of Far Eastern Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences V. Mazyrin,
• Head of MGIMO ASEAN Centre in V. Sumsky,
• Head of Sector of the Asia-Pacific Region Problems at IMEMO A. Fedorovsky,
• Head of Sector of Economics and Politics of Japan at IMEMO V. Shvydko
During the Round Table Conference participants discussed the following issues:
- What factors of global and regional character influence the dynamics of changes in the system of military-political and trade-economic relations in the Asia Pacific region?
- What is the state of modern institutions in the region?
- Are there any changes in the balance of power in the security system of the Asia Pacific region?
- Are there any qualitative changes in the situation around the Korean peninsula?
- What is the situation around ASEAN and the South China Sea?