The current trend in the world social development is characterized by crossing state borders, formation of universal cultural, scientific, economic, and labor space. That is why scientists all over the world pay much attention to various researches of the global labor market. One of the key tendencies in the global labor market development is formation of wide spread of flexible employment modes. This phenomenon requires absolutely new approaches to its theoretical and methodical understanding, selection of governmental employment policy completely different from the existing ones. The authors make a comparative analysis of the scope of flexible employment in global economy, and define the tendencies of its further development. The investigation allows to find out, that the global market is described by the growth of flexibility, which is ultimately reasoned by innovative nature of the modern society and economy. An important feature of contemporary trends in Russian labor market development is appearance and spread of flexible employment as well. A number of researches performed for one of typical Russian labor markets have defined specificities of flexible employment form perception by employers and employees. The authors have ascertained the reasons impeding the advancement of such forms and their advantages. This study allows to determine the peculiarities of the employees’ motivation under the flexible employment conditions. It is also found out that development of unusual employment forms brings about both positive and negative results. One of important problems in Russia preventing further development of flexible employment forms is “legal helplessness” of both employees and employers, which can only be overcome by combined efforts of the authorities, employee representatives, and employers. Commitment to conceptual international provisions for employment transformation under current conditions, aimed at the innovative social and economic development, may help here, insofar as presently, the Russian Federation is an integral part of the global economy.
global labor market, flexible employment modes, Russian labor market, regional labor market, Voronezh region
1. Gibalo N. Institutsional’noe proektirovanie i tvorcheskaya motivatsiya v sisteme prognozirovaniya trudovykh otnoshenii [Institutional Design and Creative Motivation in the Forecasting System of Labour Relations]. Vestnik KGU im. N. A. Nekrasova, 2011, no. 4, pp. 52-61.
2. Davis D., Polonko K. Telework in the United States: Telework America Survey 2001. Washington (DC), AT&T and International Telework Association and Council, 2001.
3. Hotopp U. Teleworking in the UK. Labour Market Trends, June 2002, pp. 311-318.
4. Skavitin A. Telerabota v mirovoi ekonomicheskoi praktike [Telework in the World Economic Practice]. Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom, 2004, no. 6, pp. 108-109.
5. Standing G. Unemployment and Labor Market Flexibility. The United Kingdom. Geneva, ILO, 1986. 147 p.
6. Bailey M. J. National Income and the Price Level: A Study in Macroeconomic Theory. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1971. 278 p.
7. Howell C. The Dilemmas of Post-Fordism: Socialists, Flexibility, and Labor Market Deregulation in France. Politics and Society, 1992, № 1, pp. 71-99.
8. Varshavskaya E. Flexicurity, ili kak obespechit’ sochetanie gibkosti i zashchishchennosti na rynke truda [Flexicurity: How to Provide the Combination of Flexibility and Security in the Labour Market]. Chelovek i trud, 2007, no. 10, pp. 26-29.
9. Official Website of the International Labour Organization (In Russ.) Available at: http://www.ilo.org (accessed 10.05.2017).
10. Kastel’s M. Informatsionnaya epokha: ekonomika, obshchestvo i kul’tura [The Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture] Available at: http://www.gumer.info/bibliotek_Buks/Polit/kastel/index.php (accessed 10.05.2017).
11. Official Site of Federal State Statistics Service (In Russ.) Available at: http://www.gks.ru (accessed 10.05.2017).
12. Gimpel’son V., Kapelyushnikov R. Nestandartnaya zanyatost’ i rossiiskii rynok truda [Non-standard Employment and Russian Labor Market.]. Moscow, GU VShE, 2005. 36 p.
13. Musaev B. Nestandartnaya zanyatost’ kak forma realizatsii uslovii novogo ekonomicheskogo uklada [Non-standard Employment as a Form of Realization of New Economic Order]. Naukovedenie.ru, 2017, vol. 9, no. 2. Available at: http://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/59EVN217.pdf (accessed 10.05.2017).
Registered in system SCIENCE INDEX