Section for the Global Economic Problems
Department of Global Economic Problems and Foreign Economic Policy
1980 – Leningrad Mining Institute, Candidate of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences;
1980–1997: VNIIOkeangeologiya, head of sector;
1997–2000: Institute of Geology and Development of Fossil Fuels of the Ministry of Energy of Russia and the Russian Academy of Sciences, director;
2000–present: «Gekon», director.
Fields of scientific interests – management of the development of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation – projects for the development of the resource base of mineral raw materials, development of transport infrastructure, competitive environment of companies, investment environment, international cooperation; system monitoring of indicators based on the use of geographic information technologies.
- the Scientific Board under the Security council of the Russian Federation;
- the Scientific Board of the Russian Academy of Sciences for the study of the Arctic and Antarctic;
- the Scientific Board of the Russian Academy of Sciences on the problems of geology and development of oil, gas, and coal deposits;
- the Scientific and Technical Boards of the RF Ministry of Natural Resources;
- the Scientific and Technical Boards of the RF Ministry of Nature and RF Ministry of Transportation.
Participant in the development of six strategic planning documents approved by the President and Government of the Russian Federation in 2010–2020.
Member of the editorial boards of «Russian Oil and Gas Geology» (Geologiya Nefti i Gaza, Scopus), «Occupational Safety in Industry» (Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti, Scopus) and «Arctic Bulletin» (Arkticheskie Vedomosti); has received several awards and commendations.